Enabling role-based access control (ACLs)
Locking down access to pages and admin features based on users and groups.
Contributed by: Grzegorz Borys
As a site gets larger and the team working on it grows it becomes very important to have some segregation of duties around who gets to control or change what on the site. This guide provides step-by-step instructions for enabling ACL permissions in Zotonic to facilitate these kinds of controls.
Readers are expected to be familiar with the Zotonic CMS admin interface and be comfortable working with the Modules section to enable and disable Zotonic Modules.
- Activate module ACL Simple Roles and disabled ACL Admin Only
- Created new user greg
- Created new role named Posting Members check categories Text and
- Media. Checked module Admin.
- Added in Page Connections in ACL Role Member user greg (search by full user name)
- Log out
- Log in as greg. You should see only Pages and Media buttons.
There are no troubleshooting steps available for this guide. Please provide any you have learned in the comments below or on the Zotonic Users Group.
This page is part of the Zotonic documentation, which is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.