Released on 2010-01-25.
- Enables a simple commenting system on your site using mod_comment.
New core features
- A new default site
- The default site of a vanilla Zotonic install is now modelled after
a simple blog-style website, complete with an archive section,
keywords, navigation to previous and next posts, atom feeds and
- Speed improvements
- The Webmachine code was restructured to be more lean-and-mean,
yielding up to 20% more performance on page requests.
- WebSockets support
- When WebSockets is available in the browser, then it is used as a
replacement for the Comet long poll. Currently only Google Chrome
supports this feature but it is expected to arrive in other
- Admin updates
- Support for editing a location (Google map picker), a new
collection type “query” was added for creating “saved searches”.
- EUnit support
- A start has been made to put the core functionality of Zotonic in
unit tests using the EUnit testing framework. As of yet, only a
small fraction of the code has been covered, but we’ll keep working
on increasing the code coverage of the tests.
- Resizing animated GIFs (#28)
- Determining EXIF orientation for images (#27)
- The OAuth API key management interface is now available from the admin. (#35)
- Hiding “meta” pages from the admin overview (#12)
- And dozens of small fixes which did not go through the issue tracker.