Zotonic
Zotonic
zotonic@conference.zotonic.com
Tuesday, 4 December 2012< ^ >
arjan has set the subject to: Zotonic - the Erlang Content Management Framework
Room Configuration

GMT+1
[00:35:41] Maas leaves the room
[07:57:17] maas.maarten.zeeman joins the room
[08:13:19] maas.maarten.zeeman leaves the room
[08:15:30] maas.maarten.zeeman joins the room
[09:02:31] maas.maarten.zeeman leaves the room
[09:02:34] Arjan joins the room
[09:29:56] andreas.stenius joins the room
[09:55:29] maas.maarten.zeeman joins the room
[10:01:32] <Arjan> hey
[10:01:54] <Arjan> time for hangout?
[10:03:32] <Arjan> *tumbleweed*
[10:04:09] Marc Worrell crickets
[10:04:41] <maas.maarten.zeeman> sorry, busy with a client...
[10:04:50] <Marc Worrell> nou nou
[10:04:51] <Marc Worrell> zaken
[10:05:12] <maas.maarten.zeeman> teveel werk.
[10:05:25] <Arjan> :-/
[10:05:42] <Marc Worrell> busy here too, but our customers are remote :p
[10:05:48] <Arjan> heh
[10:06:15] <maas.maarten.zeeman> over here too. tomorrow deadline...
[10:07:25] <maas.maarten.zeeman> how long is the hangout?
[10:07:36] <maas.maarten.zeeman> 15 mins?
[10:07:40] <Arjan> something like that yes
[10:07:53] <Arjan> I invited you all
[10:07:55] <maas.maarten.zeeman> cool.
[10:08:34] <Arjan> calling michiel
[10:11:29] Marc Worrell leaves the room
[11:13:54] 1d86a99d458778bc joins the room
[11:14:06] <Arjan> yeah
[11:14:11] <Arjan> nice nickname :P
[11:14:45] Atilla Erdodi joins the room
[11:15:14] <Arjan> better
[11:15:52] 1d86a99d458778bc leaves the room
[11:16:11] <maas.maarten.zeeman> Nice hangout guys, good to see you. Broken internet in the office is not fun.
[11:16:38] <Arjan> :)
[11:17:15] <Arjan> http://zotonic.com/page/970/the-zotonic-team-in-a-hangout
[11:24:20] <maas.maarten.zeeman> btw. I have a simple process-registry-as-module ready. Is that something for 0.9? Or for next release? Could be added it as core functionality. And what about the websocket api pull request?
[11:27:30] <Arjan> the websocket api seems nice indeed
[11:28:33] <maas.maarten.zeeman> also working on process pool for worker processes, like sessions,
[11:29:16] <Arjan> the process registry I'm not sure; maybe that can wait?
[11:29:55] <Arjan> because it is not used in zotonic directly yet
[11:30:08] <andreas.stenius> nice pic :)
[11:30:22] <Arjan> maas.maarten.zeeman: look at the PR i added a comment
[11:30:33] <maas.maarten.zeeman> sure. could be used to refactor the sessions page_sessions and web/comet socket a bit.
[11:30:36] <maas.maarten.zeeman> k
[11:30:37] <Arjan> basically a bit of testing and a bit of docs and then good be good
[11:30:55] <Arjan> yeah indeed, let's add the process registry when we refactor the page sessions etc.
[11:31:07] <Arjan> otherwise it might be confusing
[11:31:19] <maas.maarten.zeeman> yup, too much half finished things then
[11:31:49] <maas.maarten.zeeman> I'll
[11:32:10] <maas.maarten.zeeman> make a separate repo for the pool and the registry.
[11:34:08] <Arjan> maybe an external module?
[11:34:18] <maas.maarten.zeeman> yes
[11:34:51] <maas.maarten.zeeman> or as separate app?
[11:36:00] <maas.maarten.zeeman> zotonic needs a process registry where you can start multiple separate to support virtual host.
[11:36:29] <Arjan> true
[11:37:36] <maas.maarten.zeeman> hmm probably better than embedding it somewhere in core zotonic.
[11:38:02] <Arjan> as an app makes sense yes if its something global
[11:38:09] <Arjan> then we can add it later to zotonic as submodule
[11:38:28] <maas.maarten.zeeman> yup, and each site starts its own registry.
[11:39:01] <maas.maarten.zeeman> ill do that.
[12:46:23] Atilla Erdodi leaves the room
[14:28:06] <andreas.stenius> should we really allow people to email pages from the demo site to arbitrary recipients?
[14:28:19] <andreas.stenius> btw, the template for the sent page has the when/if bug...
[14:28:32] <andreas.stenius> "Click here when you can’t read the message below. <http://demo.zotonic.com/en/page/341/fowers>"
[15:34:33] <maas.maarten.zeeman> On my atom develop laptop I sometimes get timeouts in the z_module_indexer on find_all template. :-/ If that happens often enough z_site_sup fails taking down everything...
[15:38:07] <Arjan> mm
[15:38:14] <Arjan> you have many templates?
[15:38:52] <maas.maarten.zeeman> it is also busy with other stuff. develop module will not be running on a live site.
[15:39:53] <maas.maarten.zeeman> hmm, looking at it later.
[15:41:26] <maas.maarten.zeeman> it bit weird that that such an error can potentially take down all sites.
[15:47:58] <Arjan> indeed
[15:48:18] <Arjan> I would not mind seeing sites more as erlang applications
[15:48:40] <Arjan> so they are more isolated and dont live in the same supervision trees
[15:48:57] <Arjan> "OTPification"
[15:53:17] <maas.maarten.zeeman> hmm yes and modules run under the supervision tree of the site.
[15:53:25] <maas.maarten.zeeman> must be doable...
[15:55:52] <Arjan> indeed
[15:59:08] <maas.maarten.zeeman> and any dependencies for the site will become included applications.
[16:00:21] <andreas.stenius> yes, ++10 for OTP-ification...
[16:00:52] <andreas.stenius> I have plans to look at it sooner rather than later (after rbac is done)
[16:01:05] <andreas.stenius> Arjan, you had already started looking at it a bit, right?
[16:01:48] <Arjan> well, I been thinking about it
[16:01:53] <Arjan> but no code yet to speak of
[16:02:11] <andreas.stenius> ah, ok. We could have some brainstorming when it comes to that, then..
[16:02:12] <Arjan> I was thinking about creating different apps and having each site as an app
[16:02:24] <andreas.stenius> yep
[16:02:27] <Arjan> so zotonic addsite could basically be replaced with rebar create
[16:02:57] <andreas.stenius> I'd like modules as otp apps too... (not enforced, though)
[16:03:30] <andreas.stenius> and the config ought to be app env variables...
[16:05:20] <maas.maarten.zeeman> Then you need something to restart failed applications.
[16:34:45] <Arjan> moved the docs to http://zotonic.com/docs/latest/index.html
[16:34:55] <Arjan> however google had already indexed it all
[16:35:39] <Arjan> but that will fix itself in a while
[16:40:46] <Arjan> I will send a mail to all translators if they want to update the translations for the next release
[17:28:52] maas.maarten.zeeman leaves the room
[17:47:44] <Arjan> https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/issues?milestone=2&state=open
[17:47:56] <Arjan> I reduced the issues to a "doable" list
[17:48:15] <Arjan> andreas if you want to take on any of those tickets, feel free :)
[17:52:39] Arjan leaves the room
[19:15:22] Arjan joins the room
[19:23:21] Arjan leaves the room
[19:55:08] Arjan joins the room
[19:57:01] Arjan leaves the room
[19:59:59] Arjan joins the room
[20:05:03] <andreas.stenius> I've been thinking about the long list of issues..
[20:09:29] <andreas.stenius> there's still 61 open issues not assigned to any milestone...
[20:09:40] <Arjan> yes we should evaluate those
[20:09:43] <Arjan> see if they are still valid etc
[20:10:14] <andreas.stenius> yep, I think there's quite a few that could be closed due to age/inactivity
[20:11:18] <andreas.stenius> thought that some that are of a "nice to have" character, could perhaps be moved into a TODO kind of document as things that would be nice to have to clear up the issues list somewhat..
[20:11:29] <Arjan> yeah makes sense
[20:49:27] <Arjan> renaming html_controller.hrl to controller_html_helper.hrl
[20:49:46] <Arjan> should I also rename webmachine_controller.hrl to controller_webmachine.hrl, for consistency's sake?
[20:49:46] <andreas.stenius> ok :)
[20:49:51] <Arjan> https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/issues/413
[20:50:31] <Arjan> I guess why not right
[20:50:52] <Arjan> or actually controller_webmachine_helper.hrl
[20:50:58] <andreas.stenius> I'm not sure... but doesn't care too much either..
[20:51:09] <andreas.stenius> that looks better, in that case
[20:51:29] <Arjan> ok will do that
[20:52:21] <andreas.stenius> I'm in favor of consistency.. just wasn't sure what would be consistent in this case... but the helper suffix is consistent with the other helper, at least ;)
[20:52:48] <Arjan> :p
[20:52:50] <Arjan> yep
[20:54:52] <Arjan> sed -e 's/webmachine_controller.hrl/controller_webmachine_helper.hrl/g' -i `ack -l webmachine_controller.hrl`
[20:54:57] <Arjan> :)
[20:55:12] <andreas.stenius> :)... ack?
[20:55:42] <Arjan> http://betterthangrep.com/
[20:55:49] <Arjan> it's awesome
[20:56:22] <andreas.stenius> hup! ok, I'll have a look into it.. :p
[21:12:14] Arjan leaves the room
[21:14:17] Arjan joins the room
[21:24:10] <Arjan> fixing tickets like crazy
[21:27:06] maas.maarten.zeeman joins the room
[21:30:00] <Arjan> only 7 remaining
[21:30:09] <Arjan> im done for the day
[21:30:10] <Arjan> ttyl
[21:30:14] <andreas.stenius> night
[21:30:25] Arjan leaves the room
[22:19:03] andreas.stenius leaves the room
[22:34:06] Marc Worrell joins the room
[22:41:47] Arjan joins the room
[22:45:50] Arjan leaves the room
[23:54:01] maas.maarten.zeeman leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!